Brett has worked with individuals and businesses managing their assets since 1998. His mission is to help clients reach their goals while managing risk in their total financial situation. Brett’s experience as a portfolio manager from 2000-2011, during some of the most volatile financial markets in history, led him to develop new and unique methods for portfolio design. These methods include far more than just traditional stocks, bonds, and mutual funds and may differ depending on each client’s individual needs. To accomplish this Brett has combined modern financial planning techniques with technical, quantitative, and behavioral analysis, to achieve a truly unique and dynamic approach to total wealth management.
While Brett believes investments are an important part of planning he also brings many other resources and subject matter experts to clients as needed. Brett believes that having a Financial Advocate is one of the most important pieces often missing in many financial plans. He realized this as the son of entrepreneurs as he witnessed many of the trials and tribulations that often come with business ownership. He learned many things that only life experience can teach those that have made the decision to become their own boss. As a business owner himself, he understands the responsibility and commitment it takes to build and maintain a successful practice. That is why his passion is to work as the Financial Advocate for those that would rather spend their time growing their business or enjoying the fruits of their labor. As an Advocate he evaluates each situation to discover inefficiencies. Then, he coordinates all efforts and works with a client’s other trusted advisors. Next, he proposes solutions to resolve any gaps or create savings over a client’s current structure. Finally, he implements and maintains a custom designed plan that is constructed based on each client’s objectives. In essence, his business is to improve a client’s situation and this is his motivation to show up to work each day.
Degrees, Accreditations, and Achievements
- Senior Private Investment Portfolio Manager (PIM)- Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
- Senior Quantum Portfolio Manager- Wachovia Securities, LLC
- Quantum Portfolio Manager- Prudential Securities
- Level 3 candidate for the CMT (Chartered Market Technician) designation
- Advanced Broker Institute (Dorsey Wright & Associates) specializing in Point & Figure Technical Analysis*
- Intermediate Broker Institute (Dorsey Wright & Associates) specializing in Point & Figure Technical Analysis*
- Bachelors Business Administration- University of Phoenix with partial work at University of Texas at Austin
- Marketing Associate- Salomon Smith Barney
- *Technical analysis is based on the study of historical price movements and past trend patterns. There is no assurance that these movements or trends can or will be duplicated in the future.
- Series 7-General Securities Representative
- Series 31-Managed Futures
- Series 63-Uniform State Registration
- Series 65-Uniform Investment Advisor Representative
- Insurance Licenses-Annuities, Life, Health, Disability
Mr. Andrews currently holds the Certified Wealth Strategist® (CWS®) designation. The CWS® designation is offered by Cannon Financial Institute. To obtain the CWS® designation, candidates must have over 3 years of experience in the financial services industry and have significant experience in a client-facing role (or a 4-year degree from an accredited school). In addition, candidates must successfully complete four technical tests. In passing these examinations, candidates demonstrate their ability to apply technical knowledge when interacting with clients and potential clients with the 13 Wealth Management Issues.
13 WEALTH MANAGEMENT ISSUES SUMMARY
- Investment Planning
- Insurance Planning & Risk Management
- Banking & Credit Management
- Retirement Planning
- Executive Compensation
- Business Succession Planning
- Planning for Incapacity
- Education & Family Support
- Charitable Giving
- Titling & Beneficiary Designations
- Executor / Trustee Selection Issues
- Distribution of Estate
- Tax Planning
The 13 Wealth Management Issues act like balancing scales. Once you do something to one side, it impacts or tips the other. It is vital that one individual have a thorough understanding of the client’s overall financial picture and intentions.
Brett also holds the designation of Certified Exit Planner™ (CExP) the Business Exit Planning industry’s highest certification. Developed by the Business Enterprise Institute, BEI’s CExP designation has set the industry standard in distinguishing professionals who have attained advanced expertise in Exit Planning through study, testing, and ongoing education in the following areas:
- Understanding and Identifying Owner Objectives
- Quantifying Business and Personal Financial Resources
- Maximizing and Protecting Business Value
- Ownership Transfers to Third Parties
- Ownership Transfers to Insiders
- Business Continuity
- Personal Wealth and Estate Planning
- Family Business Planning
- Deferred Compensation
The Certified Exit Planning Advisor® (CEPA®) program is the most highly regarded exit planning credential in the marketplace today, accepted for continuing education credits by 12 major professional designations and endorsed by over 15 national organizations. Advisors who earn the CEPA designation have the ability to holistically serve business owners’ needs regardless of the timing of their exit. CEPAs lead teams, enable educated decisions and create positive change and successful exits. Advisors that change the look of Exit Planning for today’s Business Owner.